Friday, April 25, 2003

John Moyers and Elizabeth Ready wrote a nice piece at Alternet about the Newly Awakened:

"An irresponsible war of choice, launched by an arrogant administration with shifting justifications and heedless of world opinion, has sparked a new wave of activism in the United States. Millions of Americans have hit the streets since last fall to protest George Bush's push for preemptive war against Iraq. But Mr. Bush wouldn't listen. He dismissed protestors and their concerns. Would he listen any better if everyone who has attended a march pledged to vote in 2004? Or if, in addition, everyone who carried a sign, made a speech, sent an email, wrote a letter or lit a candle for peace committed to register one new American voter every month between now and the next presidential election? Would he get the message if a groundswell of new peace voters went to the polls in 2004 and showed how regime change can happen peacefully?"

That's exactly what I'm planning on doing over the next year and a half. I've already decided to take my head out of the sand where it's been for the last 25 years and try and DO SOMETHING to get rid of this most dangerous of Presidents. It's hard to believe but I was never particularly political before this war. I just sorta cruised along figuring that whoever was in the WH could only do so much harm, and if it didn't effect me I just didn't care because there was nothing I could do about it anyway.

With this illegal and immoral war in Iraq, that has all changed for me. I'm now willing to do whatever it takes to get the Smirking Chimp out of office and back to his Ranch....




|