Monday, June 23, 2003

Here's the text of Howard Dean's speach officially announcing his candidacy for President. It was quite the speach:

Today I announce that I am running for President of the United States of America. I speak not only for my candidacy. I speak for a new American century and a new generation of Americans -- both young people and the young at heart. We seek the great restoration of American values and the restoration of our nation’s traditional purpose in the world.

This is a campaign to unite and empower people everywhere.


OK. After listening to his "The Great American Restoration" speach announcing he was In, I'm on the bandwagon, officially. I like this guy a lot. He tells it like it is. He needs polishing, but I believe with him as the Democratic Party standard bearer we can change the direction of this country.

I'm going to a Dean Meet-Up tonight in Bend. This will mark the first time in 31 years that I have gone willingly to a political meeting. 20 people have signed up, but I have the feeling there will be a lot of walk-ins..........
|