Friday, May 09, 2003



Well I haven’t been doing any blogging for the last couple days, been busy working on my Vietnam and Thailand travel websites. The VN one is done and with a little more tweaking will be considered complete (until I decide to change it around again and add more stuff that I have laying around that didn’t make the first cut) but the Thai site only has the first two pages done and I’ll be working on that later on this afternoon. It’s a hell of a lot of work to try to do with the worlds slowest computer, but I’ll just keel slogging along, working on it when I find the time. I'm also going to try to spend more time at my other website and talk more about hockey stuff and less about political stuff.

I’ve been thinking about just what kind of blog I want this to be. I have spent a lot of time the last month or so surfing the bloggospere reading what’s out there and trying to figure out just what sort of style I want to put up here or if I really even have a style. I am not really a writer at all, I don’t have any kind of journalism experience and I tend to write with poor grammar and long run-on sentences, but I’ve come to the conclusion that I just don’t care about any of the niceties of sentence structure. I’m just going to write what’s on my mind and I’m going to put it down just as it spills out of my head and onto my keyboard. I’ll never be the kind of writer that Lileks and instapundit or Mean Mr. Mustard are, so I’m going to stop worrying about it.

What gets written is who I am and how I phrase things and what I think about and that’s all there is to it. Like it or leave it, this blog is going to be about me and who I am and what I read and think about.

Period.

I feel better.


|