Wednesday, April 23, 2003

When it comes to being patriotic, "a lot of people are willing to talk the talk," says sociology professor Charles Moskos of Northwestern University. "But if you really want to walk the walk, then donate blood or enlist in the military."

I could not agree more.....

If I criticize this president and question why we're at war in Iraq and how decisions got made without Congress or the United Nations, people accuse me of violating the Constitution, rather than honoring it. My patriotism is questioned, the taunts and bullying begin -- bullying being the official stance of many over on the Right these days.

I have nothing to be ashamed of or to apologize for. Let the flagwavers gloat about the easy military victory over an army that was essentially de-clawed twelve years ago. The easy part is over.

The hard part of nation building has just begun and I have zero confidence that this Administration, who has already shown an inability to think on it's feet when conditions change, will be able to build the neo-Iraq bill-of-goods we've been sold.

He who gloats last, gloats best.....
|