Saturday, April 26, 2003

Heeeeeeee's baaaaaaack! And here I thought Newt was dead:

On Tuesday, Gingrich slammed the State Department for "ineffective and incoherent" diplomacy in the lead-up to the war against Iraq and turning the world, including allies in Europe, Turkey and South Korea against US efforts to topple Saddam Hussein

For once, I agree with this twerp. The State Dept, under the usually reliable and trustworthy Colin Powell, has turned the world against us. This whole ugly Iraq affair has been a total failure of American diplomacy, which can be laid squarely at the feet of Powell and Bush.
"Newt Gingrich does not speak in the name of the Pentagon and what he said is garbage," Assistant Secretary of State for European and Eurasian Affairs Elizabeth Jones told the paper. "What Gingrich says does not interest me. He is an idiot and you can publish that."

OK, Liz, I will. Needless to say, I couldn't agree more.
|